Thursday, May 21, 2009
Make your own "People Posting!"
INSTRUCTIONS: MAKE YOUR OWN PEOPLE POSTING!
I. USE THE QUESTIONS BELOW, AND TEMPLATES ABOVE, TO GUIDE YOU IN GENERATING CONTENT
1. Choose a person who lives in your home who you would like to be “advertised” with a “people posting.” Examples could include: a parent, significant other, roommate, etc. Feel free to “advertise” yourself too, (especially if you live alone)!
Person’s First Name____________________________________
Person’s Relationship to you (or it could be yourself!)_____________
I have lived with this person since (month, year)________________
Your neighborhood ____________________________________
2. Choose the media (photography, drawing/painting, printmaking, etc. or a combination!) you want to use for the posting.
3. Find, or take, at least 3 photos of this person (as an alternative you can also draw or paint him/her if doing your posting by hand). These photos should show the person either inside or outside his/her home.
4. In the space below write out 3-5 “Special Features” of your person: talents, fun facts, etc. that you would like to “advertise” about this person, especially relating to his/her behavior in your home.
II. CREATE YOUR POSTING!
Using the templates and sketches as guidelines, design your own “People Posting.” This must incorporate all the information about your person you just entered into this worksheet. You can use whatever materials (hand-drawing/painting, photos, printmaking, collage, etc.) and style you want, but to be considered for display, your submission must contain all the elements in the template, including the logo.
To download the logo, click on the logo image above, then right click on it and select "save image" to save the logo as a jpeg on your computer.
You can also download and save the templates in the same way.
OR email email@example.com for copies of any of the above, including an Adobe Illustrator template you can use to insert your own images!
III. SIGN AND MAIL/SCAN THE RELEASE FORM
Have the person who is being represented in your “people posting” (the “Submittee”) sign and mail or scan/email the release form and submit it with the rest of your information. This gives us permission to use their images and information in our displays. Projects submitted without a release form cannot be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of this form.
Some additional guidelines:
• Keep all language and other content appropriate
• The more specific your details about the person, the better!
“People Postings” must be saved as an 8.5” X 11” PDF or JPG file and emailed to email@example.com